Open Position: Field Service Technician
Light & Breuning, Inc., a Designa distributor, is the leading parking control and revenue system integrator in Indiana and Michigan. The company specializes in access integration, security, technology, service and support. We provide industry specific, state-of-the-art products, and best practices that improve the motorist experience while optimizing profits for our customers. Our home office is based in Fort Wayne Indiana.
Are you ready to prove yourself as a high performing technician? Do you enjoy critical thinking and troubleshooting complex systems? Are you motivated to learn about new technology?
We’re looking for an A-team Field Service Technician with a proven record of technical prowess. You will be responsible for installing, servicing and maintaining cutting edge low voltage parking, access and revenue control systems.
We have a generous company culture that’s built on our fundamental principle that when you give more, you get more. Here’s your chance to get in on the ground floor of something big.
- Perform installation, maintenance and repairs to a wide variety of electronic, parking, access, revenue controls, network and other systems
- Safely operate related tools and equipment; install and operate related computer systems, troubleshoot and repair equipment,; diagnose electronic failures; maintain accurate records and prepare reports; communicate effectively; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, contractors, and customers
- Implement and manage software and firmware changes, installing new software and hardware onto various devices such as PC’s, servers and proprietary hardware. Be familiar with configuration and operation of current software programs
- Manage and account for all cash, coins, and tickets handled in the course of work inside cash handling machines. Follow and maintain PCI compliance within the credit card processing systems
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in electronics, computer networking or some related field
- One to Three years industry experience in field service and troubleshooting
- Good working knowledge of electronic, electromechanical, and electrical power principles to include testing of components in DC and AC circuits
- Computer knowledge/skills: PC Literate (past and current windows desktop and server OS, Microsoft Office, uploading and downloading files, software installation, administrative, email/time sheets)
- Must be capable to use a computer to configure equipment, including control boards, routers, switches, CCTV cameras, and other components of an IP network
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- This job requires frequent travel throughout Indiana and Michigan – key sites include Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Lansing in Michigan and Fort Wayne, South Bend, Indianapolis, Lafayette and Terre Haute in Indiana
- Ability to work outside regularly scheduled hours to meet operational needs and to respond to after-hours emergency calls as required. A rotating on-call schedule applies.
- Ability to work either outside or semi-covered environment year round
- Ability to work in high stress/high visibility environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with enterprise software solutions is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties for this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Talk and hear
- Stand; walk; sit; climb; balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; use step and extension ladders to reach heights
- Reach with hands and arms
- Lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical machinery, motor vehicle traffic and material handling operations, and is frequently exposed to outdoor ambient weather conditions, including exposure to cold and /or wet and/or humid condition, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including group medical, simple IRA, vacation, holiday, and well time
- Substantial company sponsored training opportunities
- Take-home service truck
Light & Breuning, Inc. – Fort Wayne, IN